Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easy Ways to Add a Language


Everyone knows that to major in a subject at Trinity, it requires a lot of effort and a lot of time. For example, for my Chinese major I must complete over 30 hours! But, something that Trinity does, which I love, is that they make it easy to gain these hours in various ways. 

For example, for my Chinese major, there are so many different classes I can take that count. For example, Asian Religions not only counts for my major, but it also counts towards my common curriculum. I feel that this allows students to maxamize their time at school, and also, gain a full-circle understanding of the language...because once I take that class, not only will I know the Chinese language, but I will understand the Chinese people's various religions and the significance both in the modern and historical worlds. 

Another example of Trinity doing this for their students that I personally have experienced is for my spanish minor. For this, I must have 18 hours, which is not neccesarily easy when I started my freshman year taking graduate level classes. But, this semester I took Introduction to Spanish American Literature which gives three hours towards my Spanish minor while knocking of some of my required common curriculum!

The purpose of this post was to show that while adding a double major of a language may be difficult, Trinity makes it more than possible. I love that while I am taking classes about the things that I really care about (languages!) I can still be effective in my required curriculum. Thanks Trinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment